Effective Date: March 16, 2023
Thank you for visiting the Duracell Procell® website. This website is intended for individuals who are representatives of organizations that are Duracell customers, and are located in the United States and Canada. If you are located outside of the United States or Canada, please exit this website and visit our local country specific websites. The operator of this website is Duracell U.S. Operations, Inc., a Delaware corporation with its registered office at 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, Delaware, United States.
Trust is a cornerstone of our corporate mission.
Duracell is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal data and/or information that we collect and use. This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement ”) describes the information that we and our affiliated companies and subsidiaries (“Duracell”, “we”, “us”) collects about you, how we use and protect this information, the choices you can make about how we use this information, and how you can make certain requests pertaining to your personal data and/or information as provided by applicable law.
Given the audience for this website and the volume of activity, it is not subject to the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). Your use of our website and/or mobile applications constitutes your acknowledgement and agreement to the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement. We strongly urge you read this privacy statement and make sure you fully understand our practices in relation to personal data and/or information, before you access or use any of our services.
What’s covered by this Privacy Statement
Any Duracell website or mobile application which links to this Privacy Statement is covered. This Privacy Statement does not cover, and we are not responsible for third-party websites or applications that may be linked from our websites or mobile applications. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of every website and mobile application that you visit or use.
What information do we collect and how?
Only Duracell Procell® existing customers may register on this website. We may collect information directly from you when you, when you, as such existing customer voluntarily decide to register, to contact us by sending an email or filling out contact forms, or otherwise provide information directly to us.
We may collect the following types of information directly from you:
- Contact Information (example: Name, email address, postal address, telephone number)
- Electronic identification data (example: email address, IP address, password)
- Profession and job
- Professional contact details
- Company name
- Sponsor at Duracell (example: Account Manager name)
We, our service providers, and other third parties use web server log files and cookies, web beacons, pixels, and other technologies to collect information when you visit our websites, view our online advertisements or promotions, open emails you receive from us, or use our mobile applications or other services.
Examples of information collected automatically include:
- Device type
- Name of internet service provider
- Advertising ID or similar device identifier
We also may obtain personal data and/or information about you from third-party sources, including from our service providers and other third parties as well as from publicly available sources. Personal data and/or information collected by third parties is collected pursuant to their respective privacy statement, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. We use personal data and/or information that we receive about you from third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All of the information we collect from or about you may be combined and used and shared as described in this Privacy Statement.
How do we use your personal data and/or information?
Duracell uses personal data and/or information in the following ways:
- Marketing: we will use personal data and/or information you voluntarily submitted to us to send you requested materials, respond your requests, or provide information about our products, services. If you have requested product information,or if you have purchased products, we may also use your personal data and/or information that you provided to us or that is automatically collected when you interact with our websites or mobile applications to provide information about products, promotions, or competitions we think may be of interest to you and to deliver ads and content to you based on your apparent interests. Communications may be via automated or other email, telephone, or in writing.
- Product development, customer management, testing, improvement, and troubleshooting: we may use your personal data and/or information to answer your questions or respond to your requests, send samples, products and information, develop new products and services, or offers that you request. We may use your personal data and/or information to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, secure and protect the integrity of this website and our mobile applications, and for website, mobile application, and product development. We also may use data collected by cookies and other tracking technologies to analyze how you use the website and mobile applications in order to provide statistics and improve the experience of interacting with the website and mobile applications. See the “Cookies” section below for more information.
- As permitted to meet applicable legal obligations and establish and defend legal claims: we may, pursuant to valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, use and allow access to any information provided to Duracell, in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property. We may use your personal data and/or information as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business. If warranted, we may also use and allow access to this personal data and/or information where physical safety is at risk or when required by law and/or government authorities.
- To the extent necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for purposes of customer and contract management.
- For other purposes disclosed to you when personal data and/or information is collected from you, or for other purposes for which we obtain your consent. To the extent necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for purposes of customer and contract management.
Duracell provides a variety of services on our websites using cookies. We place cookies on your device in order to provide you with personalized access to essential services, enhance website functionality, and to show you offers and services tailored to your apparent interests.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive as a “tag” that identifies your computer. The cookie has a unique ID assigned to your device, but typically does not contain data that directly identifies you like your name or email address. It helps to navigate from page to page on a website, provide secure connections, and remembers preferences from a previous visit, when you return. Cookies can allow us to properly format the web page on subsequent visits for your specific computer and browser, letting us personalize your experience and tailor our interactions with you. Cookies also help us to gather anonymous statistics about usage and effectiveness of our website and mobile applications.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. We use both persistent and session cookies on our website.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to disable all or certain cookies if you wish. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information on how to manage browser cookies, see https://allaboutcookies.org/.
The Help feature on many browsers and devices will tell you how to adjust cookie configurations on the following browsers, please click on the relevant link below:
However, disabling all cookies could diminish the functionality of the site and negatively impact your website experience.
Please note that by disabling or deleting cookies, you may not be able to access the full functionality of the website. Disabling or clearing cookies also may affect cookie-based opt-outs by either preventing you from using such cookie-based opt-outs or clearing opt-outs that you previously set.
Non-Operational Cookies / Other Technologies
You may receive interest-based advertisements, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. Interest-based advertising is online advertising from Duracell and/or third parties that is tailored to your apparent interests and sent to your device using a cookie or other identifier assigned to your device.
These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
- The web pages you view and links you click on Duracell websites and other websites you visit.
- Mobile applications you use.
- The Duracell emails you view and links you click in the email.
- Demographic data.
- Offline and online purchase data.
We have designed our interest-based advertising systems to deliver such ads to you based only on data that does not directly identify you.
You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by visiting the National Advertising Initiative’s (NAI’s) online resources at https://allaboutcookies.org/.
Some of the third parties that we may work with may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) self-regulatory program, which provides consumers tools to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising. Click here to learn more about the DAA’s WebChoices tool. To help control or block certain ads in mobile applications, you may choose to download and utilize the DAA mobile app by clicking https://allaboutcookies.org/.
“Do Not Track” Requests/Signals: This website does not support, nor respond to, “do not track” or similar technical requests.”
Personal data and/or information Sharing
“The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal data and/or information to marketers outside of Duracell. We do not share personal data and/or information except as described below.
Third-party service providers
We may rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal data and/or information with them. We will then provide our service providers with only the personal data and/or information they need to perform the services we request. These services are carried out for the business purposes described in paragraph “How we use your information” of this Privacy Statement. We enter into written contracts with our service providers, and we require that they protect this personal data and/or information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our websites and deliver our communications.
- Mail product samples.
- Contact contest winners.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and websites.
- Conduct marketing activities, including facilitating interest-based advertising and other promotional activities
- Perform other services that we request.
Aggregated and non-personal data and/or information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for Duracell business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Duracell websites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes. If we combine any aggregated or anonymous information with personal data and/or information that identifies you, we treat that combined information as personal data and/or information and use and share that combined information as described in this Privacy Statement.
We may disclose your personal data and/or information:
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Duracell (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- To prevent fraud.
- When required by law, legal process and/or government authorities.
- To a buyer, successor or other relevant third party in the event of a corporate transaction, merger, acquisition, consolidation, divestiture, spin-off, change in control, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data and/or information held by us will be among the assets to be transferred.
Your personal data and/or information may be transferred and stored outside of your country of residence, which may be subject to different standards of data protection. Duracell may transfer your personal data and/or information within Duracell and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers, who may be located in other jurisdictions. When we do so, we transfer personal data and/or information in compliance with applicable data protection laws. We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal data and/or information is protected no matter in what country it is stored or to what country it is transferred.
You can manage your personal data and/or information in the following ways:
Choosing the personal data and/or information you provide to us
You decide whether to provide certain personal data and/or information to us. While you may be able to use some features of our websites, mobile applications, services and offers without providing certain personal data and/or information to us, you may be required to provide us specific personal data and/or information in order to use others, such as receiving promotional information, participating in contests and special offers, and using certain websites, services and mobile applications.
Personal data and/or information collection through mobile applications
You can opt out of continued personal data and/or information collection through our mobile applications by deleting the application from your device. However, this does not delete the personal data and/or information previously collected about you.
Automatic collection of personal data and/or information by cookies and other tracking technologies
For information about your choices to manage cookies and other tracking technologies, see the Cookies section above.
For information about your choices to manage interest-based advertising, see the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.
Children’s Online Privacy
Our websites and mobile applications are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use our websites, mobile applications or services or provide us with any personal data. We do not knowingly collect personal data online from children under the age of 13 or as defined by local legal requirements. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that child has provided their personal information on our websites or mobile applications without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete that personal data in accordance with applicable law.
If you have any questions, inquiries, or complaints about the collection or use of your personal data and/or information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. If we make any materials changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by posting notice of the changes on this website, or by other means.